Office of Curriculum & Instruction
Welcome to the Office of Curriculum and Instruction for the East Penn School District. Our mission is to support teachers and building principals by providing research and resources for creating a learning environment where students can be problem-solvers, collaborators, and critical thinkers. This site is designed to provide information regarding current and ongoing curriculum work and curricular resources. Click here
to contact us.
Professional Learning Program
As stated in the Strategic Plan, the East Penn School District will foster professional growth and provide opportunities to enhance the performance of the entire employee team, so as to be consistent with student, educator, building, and district needs. Through a variety of district and building-based professional development opportunities, the goal is to provide all faculty members and support staff with opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills, attitudes, and beliefs in order to foster a learning community that positively impacts student learning.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Office of Curriculum and Instruction is working on the following projects:
- Review /revision of K - 12 Health, Wellness, Fitness curriculum
- Review/revision of K - 12 Science curriculum
- Common Core transition in K - 12 English Language Arts and
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtII)
- Building-based Professional Learning
- New Teacher Induction
- Instructional Rounds
- Hybrid Learning