Ms. Barbara Ann DeAngelo's MES-AES Learning Support
Hello. I'm Ms. Barbara Ann DeAngelo, Learning Support Teacher for 5th grade and Read 180 for 4th & 5th pull-out ELA (English Language Arts) students at Macungie Elementary School (MES) from 8:15AM to 12:45PM and Alburtis Elementary School (AES) from 1:30 to 3:30PM. The Instructional Assistants (IA) assigned to support Read 180 are Mrs. Visintainer and Mrs. Haas at MES and Mrs. Heiser-Miller at AES. I've taught for 34 years in K to 5th grade at Macungie, Lincoln, and Alburtis Elementary Schools, so I am pleased to be returning back to MES this year. Go, tigers! Since communication is important for your child's learning success, please feel free to email me at email@example.com .
Please click below to visit your child's homeroom teacher's webpage.
* MES Grade 4: Grade - Mrs. Bishop -rm203, Mrs. Hinkle -rm204, and Mrs.Thomas -rm205
* MES Gr.5: Mrs. Smith -rm203, Mrs. O'Connor -rm202, Mr. Williams -rm206, and Mrs. Lingold (pending)-rm207
* AES Grade 4: - Mrs. Mauro -rm308 and Mrs. Hoosier -rm309
* AES Grade 5 - Mrs. Huebner -rm304, Mrs. Fritz -rm306 and Ms. Epsaro -rm305
THINGS TO REMEMBER . . .
. . . to be prepared for school:
* Always complete and return homework, assignment book/page, and take-home folder daily.
* Bring two sharpened pencils, "Take-Home" folder, and assignment book/sheet to class.
. . . for ELA/Read 180:
* Tuesday and/or Thursday homework = complete ELA prompt - more details to come
* Practice on studyisland.com for reading review, and/or read on Newsela for current event readings.
. . . for Math/SRA: Click on Math teacher and/or practice link.
* MES Gr.5 SRA Corrective Math - Mrs. Rivera-Woolard -rm107
* AES Gr.5 SRA Corrective Math- Mrs. Ulicny -rm309
* Try multiplication.com to practice math facts.
Notes: If there's no internet at home, try the local library. Keep practicing over the weekend!
- August 21st - first staff day of 2017-2018 school term
- August 28th - first student day of 2017-2018 school term
- September 1st and 4th - School closed
- September 12th - AES "Meet the Teacher" Night at 6PM
- September 21st - MES "Meet the Teacher" Night at 6:30PM
- September 22nd - 1PM elementary school dismissal
- October 9th and 10th - School closed
- October 12th - AES "Locomotors for Learning"
- October 31st in PM - Halloween Activities
- November 3rd - End of the 1st Marking Period
- November 16th to 21st - Grades 1-5 Parent-Teacher Conferences
- November 22nd - Noon Early Dismissal
- November 23rd to 27th - School closed
- December 14th - MES 5th Grade Winter Concert at 7:00PM
- December 22nd to January 1st - School closed
- January 15th - School closed