Mr. Pum’s Classroom Procedures and Expectations
Entering the Classroom and Opening Class Routine
- Go to your assigned seat
- Open your history textbook to the section to be studied today.
- Have a pencil/pen ready to take notes.
- Begin the warm-up, or assignment given by the instructor.
Quieting the Classroom
In the event that everyone’s attention is needed, or if the class is too talkative, the teacher will call for the class’s attention. If the students are still talking, those students will have a “Behavioral Assignment.” A behavioral assignment is in lieu of a detention and is a three-paragraph essay that discusses moral value and how students can improve their behavior. If the student does not complete the assignment, they will be given a discipline referral.
Asking to use the Lavatory
- Students may only ask to use the bathroom at the beginning or end of class. The only other time students may ask to use the lavatory is if students are doing class work. Students who ask at other times during the class will risk losing their lavatory privilege and receiving a behavioral assignment.
- In the event of an emergency, students should raise their hand and ask to speak to the teacher. It is at that point that the student may ask to use the lavatory due to an emergency.
- Students who habitually ask to use the lavatory will risk losing the privilege of using the lavatory during class.
- When students are given permission to use the lavatory they must sign out with the proper time and location, and take the pass with them. Students must then sign in when they arrive back to class. Failure to do this will result in a revoking of the bathroom privilege.
- Students who spend more than 3-4 minutes at the bathroom will risk losing the privilege to use the lavatory during class.
If students at any point need to leave the classroom for the lavatory, nurse, office etc… they must sign out at the lavatory sheet and mark their appropriate destination. Failure to do this will result in a behavioral assignment.
- The first time a student forgets their book they will not be penalized and will be allowed to either borrow a book or retrieve their book from the appropriate source.
- The second time a student forgets their book they will be penalized points in their class work grade.
- The third time a student forgets their book; they will be given a behavioral assignment, and will be penalized in their class work grade.
- The fourth time a student forgets their book they will receive a conduct referral, and will be penalized in their class work grade
When you are absent
When you are absent it is your responsibility to ask the teacher what you have missed or present any work that was due on the day that you were absent. Failure to do so will result in a penalization.
When leaving school early for sports, appointments etc...
If you know that you will be leaving school early, and you are leaving before class, it is your responsibility to give me the work that is due on that day and receive the work that you will miss. Failure to do so will result in a penalization.