Making Your Book Selections
1. Click on the FAVORITE LINKS tab at the top, left side of our classroom website's main page.
2. Click on the WILLOW LANE LIBRARY link (picture of Willow Lane Elementary School).
3. Under the Elementary Schools section, Click on the WILLOW LANE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL link.
4. Click the CATALOG tab at the top left side of the page.
5. Look at the box titled NARROW YOUR SEARCH. At the very bottom you'll see a dropdown menu titled READING PROGRAMS. Click on it and select ACCELERATED READER.
6. You should now see two additional search windows - AR LEVEL and POINT VALUE. Next, in the windows labled "AR LEVEL," please enter your child's current reading level in the box to the right, and the lowest level you want your search to yield in the box on the left. DO NOT worry about entering information in the "POINT VALUE" windows.
7. Once the student's AR LEVEL is entered in the windows, click enter on your keyboard. You will now see a listing of ALL of the books that are available at our library at your child's instructional level. You can search for specific authors, titles, subjects, etc. by repeating this process and using the tools at the top of the NARROW YOUR SEARCH box.
8. Once you are able to browse the titles, click "ADD TO THIS LIST." I would like students to pick at least 3 books that look interesting to them per week. Once you have added all of your books, click "IN THIS LIST" to access your list. The words "IN THIS LIST" will appear in the same location that the words "ADD TO THIS LIST" appeared prior to adding your selection. If you have a printer at home, click on the word "PRINTABLE" at the top right hand corner of your list for a printer-friendly version of the list. Be sure to send the list back to school with your child's name on it.
9. You are DONE! I will make sure that all book requests are given to our librarian Mrs. Newton. The turnaround should be about a week.
***Please feel free to get to me with any questions that you may have about this process. This is NOT MANDATORY by any means, but I think that it is extremely beneficial for our students.
Thank you so much for your patience and assistance!