A Day in 103
Materials that we use
- Connecting Math Concepts
- HSP Concepts and Applications
- Math Journals
- SRA Corrective Reading Books, Ravencourt Chapter Books
- Enrichment homework worksheets, test prep
- Supplemental materials that will support comprehension needs
Grammar Skills-Harcourtand other sources
Expressive Writing- Is a Direct Instruction approach to teaching your child how to write sentences and paragraphs appropriately.
How Much Homework to Expect (flexible)
- Math nightly about 10-15 min.
- Reading -15-20 min. a night
- Grammar or comprehension practice could come home to reinforce skills taught at school.
- Study island practice skills
- There will be no more than 40 min. Rule is 10 min. per grade level. 4th Grade= 40 min.