- Grades will consist of the following:
- Reading Comprehension
- Robust Vocabulary
- Students will create original writing samples while focusing on the analytical scoring traits according to the Pennsylvania Academic Standards.
- Students who score a 90% or above on the Spelling Pretest will receive a Challege Word List.
- Students will be placed into Guided Reading groups where they will receive small group instruction on their individual reading levels.
Our reading series for Language Arts is called StoryTown. This year we will be using StoryTown to instruct and implement the Common Core Standards. For more information about the Common Core, click here.
Links for Language Arts practice books:
Click HERE to study your Robust Vocabulary words!
Click HERE to see Spelling Lists!
1. Choose "reading"
2. Choose "Storytown," then "PA," then "East Penn SD," then "Shoemaker"
3. Login: student4
4. Password: reading
Images found at: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Uj2yVI4Diew/T9UbbtmubvI/AAAAAAAAAgE/7g9Y73OIwjc/s1600/2012SRP-DreamBigRead-Slogan.jpg AND www.heathersanimations.com