The Language Arts series that we use is "Storytown" by Harcourt. This series incorporates reading, writing and spelling into every weekly lesson. Throughout the year we will cover six different themes. Each theme will take several weeks to complete and all themes are listed below. Every week our lessons will focus on a new story, a new grammar and phonics skill and a new set of spelling words.
1. Count on Me
2. Doing our Best
3. Changing Times
4. Dream Big
5. Better Together
6. Seek and Find
To access Storytown online at home follow the directions below! There is a wealth of information you can access on this site!
1. Go to www.thinkcentral.com
2. Click on the tab marked “Reading and Language Arts” on the left hand side.
3. Then click on Storytown.
4. Input the following information into the pull down tabs and then hit “login”
- State: Pennsylvania
- District: East Penn School District
- School: Shoemaker School
- Username: student2
- Password: reading
5. Click on “My Library” icon in the upper right hand corner.
6. To access the Language Arts series, click on “reading” icon on lower left. You will then see all our Language Arts online resources, books, and workbooks.
7. To read and/or review our weekly story, click on Student Edition G2, then select book 1. You can page through the book by using the arrow keys at the bottom of the page! Have fun reading!